Saturday 18 April 2015

Singapore IPhone Repair Shops Comparison

Sharing a simple comparison among Singapore IPhone/Mobile Repair Shops in terms of prices and time taken to repair. I had to take time off to google several different shops, making calls to enquire as I was clueless as to which shop would be cheap and good. Mostly I had recommendations to head over to Sim Lim Square, but the reviews of Sim Lim Square were quite daunting.



So, the issue with my IPhone 5C was the black screen of death and continuous vibration upon charging. It occurred upon dropping my phone on the ground, maybe one too many times. I was worried I had to replace the phone as it literally seems...dead. Hence, I attempted to self-repair it by following some Youtube videos, researching on the issue, but to no avail. Thus, the only way was to send it to a fix. I tried searching online for the best mobile repair shop to head to, but the forums were not really helpful. They did offer names of shops though, which I looked up.

All repair shops diagnosed the issue to be a need for the change of the LCD screen. This is equivalent to a repair for a shattered LCD screen.

In order of pricing,

RepairmanSG [83386781] - $80 / 1/2 Hour
IRepair [90045175] - $80 / 2-3 Hours
Breakfixnow [63372739] - $90 / 1/2 Hour

IDevice [93826864] - $120 / [No stock, arrives in 3 days]
IPhix [82286770] - $130 / 10 - 15 Minutes
IPhoneFix Asia [83386781] - $160 / 20 Minutes

$160, you serious?



I was considering between RepairmanSG and BreakFixNow, as BreakFixNow had a more attractive and professional website, offering 3/6 months of warranty. However, being 'phoneless' the location of RepairmanSG was much convenient being located at the entrance of Bugis Street. I wouldn't want to risk getting lost looking for BreakFixNow without GPS, or wasting my time trying to find the place.

http://breakfixnow.com.sg/
+65 63372739/ +65 97292739
62 Queen Street, Little Red Dot Building #ABFL 19 (Ground Floor)
Singapore 188541

RepairmanSG Review
RepairmanSG seems to be jointly opened by 2 friends as seen from their website and them manning the store. I approached one of them, who was really nice to agree to give me a slight discount and changing the screen and button to white for free. While fixing it, his partner came into the shop and re-emphasised 'So $80 ah, don't charge more that that'. Well, we all know what he was trying to imply. Hence, the guy I approached became adamant about the price, but finally succumbed to a $5 discount for me (Girls love to bargain....). The white button did not work as well, so we reverted to the original button that came with my phone. Supposedly the fix would take around 15 minutes, but charging my phone prolonged it to close to half an hour. The fix is done in front of you and comes with a 1 month warranty.

http://www.repairmansg.com/
+65 83095758/ +65 91272370
Unit MSV 4,
Level 1, Bugis Street, 188868

I am satisfied with the service and my phone being fixed, but I really doubt if it requires a change of the entire LCD screen? Not sure if this is a way that the repair shops earn money. I suspect it was simply loosening of the cable connection to the screen. The previous time I dropped it the screen started flickering, but whenever I press the top right corner of the phone (location of screen connection) with some pressure, it would stop. Any how, I am the consumer so I would not know...

No comments:

Post a Comment