Saturday 11 April 2015

Food and Travel: Hong Kong -
Part III

Day 9 (2.3.2015):
Can't exactly remember what we did on this day, mostly hanging out with Auntie? Feeling bad because I always get treated when we are out together.

Star of Canton Restaurant @ Tsim Sha Tsui:

Nice scenery (although foggy as usual), great ambience, but food is overrated. Your usual dim sums. The crab gratin looks awesome in the picture, yet just gratin with hardly any crab meat at all. Maybe crab gratin means crab husk stuffed with gratin to them.

http://www.starofcanton.com.hk/
+852 2799 9368
尖沙咀彌敦道63號
iSQUARE 國際廣場24樓2401號舖


I was taking pictures with the cats in and outside of iSQUARE. My unparalleled love for cats.

A huge fortune cat!

Day 10 (3.3.2015):
No make-up day for me, literally nothing on my face as we are heading off for a facial. With all the pretty Hong Kong girls blotched with make-up on the streets and I am out with my bf, it does feel kind of insecure? Prayed to not bump into any friends!

Itacho Sushi @ Mongkok:



This restaurant must have the best sushi deals ever! Everything was so worth it. Their 'car seats' were cushioned right up to the ceiling and spacious! Comfortably seating around 8 people? The lunch set consists of Asari Clam Soup, Chawan Mushi, Side Dish (e.g. Croquette), Drink and your Main. I loved the Soft Shell Crab Stone Pot Rice Set and Kaisendon Set! Bf had the Sashimi lunch set and they were fresh.

http://www.itacho.com.hk/
+852 3583 1100
旺角彌敦道625及639號
雅蘭中心2樓209-213號舖

Proceeded to facial with my boyfriend. The beautician wouldn't remove the blackheads for me because it was bad for the skin to squeeze them. So..what should I do with them? After we are done, I 'die die don't want face' went shopping with him at Tsim Sha Tsui. While we were trying to catch the MTR, he was ahead of me and did not look back, focused on the arriving train. He ran for it and slithered his way through the closing door, only to see me left at the station platform. Maybe he didn't want to be seen with me without makeup.






Dressed down, trying to be invisible (and looking disproportionate in the picture). One of my favourite shops in Hong Kong, Donguri Republic! Every merchandise adheres to the theme of Studio Ghibli's movies! I was really tempted to buy one of the puzzles to pass time and frame up at home..but considering my baggage allowance.. Bf wanted to grab a keychain for me but I will probably lose it or leave it somewhere collecting dust in years to come. Appreciate it!

Day 11 (4.3.2015):
Went off to the salon and dyed my hair purple! I have always dyed my hair yellow so this was something new to me. Absolutely loved it, the colour was dark enough for work.

Mini Bangkok @ Kowloon City:
We already noticed this place while on the bus earlier because of this cute mascot! Hence, we were appalled when Auntie brought us here. Especially when restaurants resort to these tactics you would think the food aren't up to par.




The television was playing snippets of Thailand celebrities live performances, that were really similar to Koreans. The food here wasn't bad, just that most of the dishes were spicy. I really wanted to eat the curry crab! Downing water the whole time and ended up with a sore throat after that night. Guess I am not made out to savour spicy food.

小曼谷泰國美食
+852 2716 7800
九龍城南角道9-11號地下

Day 12 (5.3.2015):
Was brought out to the flower market! Didn't know such a place existed in Hong Kong. Initially, I thought it was a flower bazaar opened just for the new year. Feeling like a tourist, or maybe I am one in fact..

花墟年宵市場 @ 旺角:



Bf offered to get flowers for me and Auntie. Conspiracy in the making.

Sushi Nagoyaka Tei @ Prince Edward



Supposedly this day we were to be vegetarians because of the Chinese New Year's custom. However, the vegetarian store we were heading to was crowded. A wait of approximately 2 hours? Ended up eating at the Japanese restaurant beside it. Sea urchin! And I loved the vanilla ice cream and yuzu sorbet that came with the set. Food made in Japan are undefeatable.

和花亭壽司
+852 2148 2696
太子彌敦道750號
始創中心3樓334號舖

Home @ 翠竹苑:



Newly bought flowers and the blue roses with baby's breath (Gypsophila paniculata) bf bought me. Baby's breath symbolises everlasting love, purity and innocence. Blue roses can't be naturally attained but dyed. Signifies hope against unattainable love in Chinese folklore and portrayed as a symbol of love and prosperity for those who seek it in literature. What did I just pick.. Received flowers from him for the first time. He offered to get me flowers on a few occasions like Christmas, but I declined as I felt it was a waste of money. Since we are not going to meet each other for some time now..




Blackie got a new bone and he's so fiercely protective of it! Look at his face. Wouldn't let go of it, wouldn't let us touch it. This dog is so realistic. Prancing around all the time especially when there's food, but when he gets what he wants, the real Blackie surfaces.

Day 14 (7.3.2015):
If I'm not mistaken, we went to the temple this day as bf 犯太岁. They prayed for blessings while I 求签, basically asking about my future. First time trying it and I was interested in doing so as I saw them in TVB dramas. I was worried all the 签s will fall out as I was shaking the holder, but each time only 1 fell out at once! Not quite understanding how this happened.

北斗翁 @ Prince Edward:

Yum cha and I had 桂花糕 again! The restaurant staff were all flustered as it was peak hour. We had the same table number as another, which caused a lot of confusion and the manager being pissed off.

北斗翁
+852 2397 6633
太子彌敦道789號
健峯保險大廈地下及1樓 

Honeymoon Dessert @ Mongkok:

Finally, we had some lone time together to have some dessert before catching our first 4D movie, Kingsman: The Secret Service at Langham Place. Honeymoon dessert is famous in Hong Kong, so I had high expectations of it. Bf had 南北杏雪耳燉木瓜/ Stewed Papaya with Winter Fungus, and I had Coconut Milk Custard with Taro Sago. The Coconut Milk Custard is horrendous!! Thought it would be good because of the one we ordered at 金滿堂甜品. Should have went for safer options.

http://www.honeymoon-dessert.com/
+852 2191 6618
旺角亞皆老街8號
朗豪坊4A樓9號鋪


The movie experience was rather fun, considering the theatre being polite enough to not shake our seats drastically throughout the entire movie. Also, having the choice to switch off the water effects, which came on in scenes like sneezing..

Last part coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment